I spent most of this past weekend knitting. I lost interest in my scarf (though the colors were nice!) and wanted to move on to a different project that involved different kinds of stitches. I'm happy to report that after a bit of frustration and a lot of practice, I've been able to do just about everything I need to do to knit! Of course there is a lot left to learn, especially where the fancy details are concerned. But there's lots of time for that.
I've started work on a baby blanket for a friend who is due this summer. I picked out a really nice gender-neutral color in a machine washable yarn (very important as I'm sure the baby will christen it often) that is oh-so soft! I spent about an hour on it last night and my hands are so cramped!!! I guess I need to relax my hands while I knit, but I don't have enough confidence to do so just yet.
It's an ambitious project for one of my first, and is going to take a lot of time. But with football season winding down, and since I'm not a big basketball fan, I figure it will keep me occupied.
Not much else to report from our end. Things are well and we're finally getting some cold temperatures so it should feel like winter... good news since my spring bulbs were starting to come up and were confused! Hope everyone is well!
No comments:
Post a Comment