Sunday, July 08, 2007

What every weekend should be like...

It's Sunday night, and I'm thinking back as to what a great weekend it's been. I wish every weekend could be like this! Friday I snuck out of work early (as I've been putting a lot of time in after hours at home and working through lunch, so that is allowed right??). I went to my brother & Kelly's house to quickly visit, and then came home and finished the dining room by hanging curtains. Attached is a picture; we're thrilled with the outcome! We still need to make the window seat under the window as well as refinish the floors, but in time...



Saturday I did some retail therapy and spent some time relaxing. Then we had our monthly dinner gathering with friends. The weather was perfect, the BBQ and fixings were tasty, and the company was outstanding. And I got to fulfill my selfish desire to see my newest "niece" Carli - and oh my! What an angel!!!! She is so beautiful (looks just like her mommy!!) and so peaceful. And I got to see my "nephew" Hunter who is 9 months now (where does the time go?!?!) who is just so much fun and is crawling and walking behind his toys!!! He has these beautiful blue eyes, and this big grin when he smiles for the camera! And Angie's Joshua is just as handsome as I remember - what joy to have a house full of babies! It is always wonderful to see my girlfriends and their men too - that goes without saying.







Today after church, I got my hair colored (which was much needed - it was too blond!) and later on we met my mom, David & Kelly and the kids and Kelly's parents for dinner at the Waterfront for my mom's 56'th Birthday this coming Wednesday. It was wonderful - I so enjoy being surrounded by my loved ones. I just wish every weekend could be like this. There is a song out now called "Little Wonders" by Rob Thomas which I love, but the words are just as powerful. Part of the song says:


Our lives are made in these small hours
These little wonders, these twists and turns of fate
Time falls away, but these small hours , these small hours still remain.




In happy moments like this weekend, I feel like those small hours make my life truly special. Wishing everyone a great week ahead, and sending you love and blessings.

No comments: