Saturday, January 17, 2009

Asian Chicken & Broccoli Slaw Salad

I made this for dinner last night; it was simply too yummy to not share! Plus, I know that some of you enjoy cilantro almost as much as I do.
1/3 C French's Honey Dijon mustard
1/3 C light Asian sesame dressing (I used Ken's steakhouse brand)
2 Tbsp orange juice
2 tsp fresh grated ginger (I just shaved off a good hunk on my microplane)
1 (12 oz) package broccoli slaw (found right next to cole slaw bags in the produce aisle)
3 cups shredded cooked chicken (I just used 3 nice sized chicken breasts sliced and skillet cooked)
1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
chopped fresh cilantro to taste
handful of honey roasted peanuts

Combine first 4 ingredients into a large bowl. Add broccoli slaw, red bell pepper and chicken. Mix to coat well and chill. Then add cilantro and peanuts prior to serving.

It is crunchy and hearty and good for you. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Mmmmm. This sounds fantastic. Thanks for sharing!

Sara M said...

This sounds great, I'll def give this a try!