Friday, July 03, 2009

Independence Day

Franklin D. Roosevelt once said "In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved." I've always been a huge history fan and the patriotism of Independence Day always makes my heart swell with pride.

This weekend I am honoring the patriotism of my grandfathers who served our country during WWII. I've registered them on the WWII national memorial website. I hope to get a chance to visit this memorial in person on our way back home from vacation.

Only 1 of the entries has been published so far and I wanted to share it with my friends and family. It makes my heart swell with that familiar pride every time I see it.
Happy Independence Day!

4 comments:

LisaBe said...

you need a link to that site! i'm going to go looking for it now so i can make sure that my stepfather is on there. thanks for sharing :)

Ben and Cori Momma said...

Will do Lisa! Please do make sure your step-father is added!!

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

That's awesome. I might have to add some folks! :)

Meghan said...

This is a wonderful site, my Pap Pap is on here!