A quick post to talk about the exercise program I've been doing for about a month. Some of you have have heard of "t-tapp" from the askmoxie blog. I looked into the program and loved what I read in the book. T-tapp is a 15 minute workout that uses just about every muscle group in your body. You need no weights or additional equiptment. The workout helps move lymph extra well, but most importantly, it uses the entire muscle fiber legnth so that you build long lean muscles using isometric isolation.
Form is critical with t-tapping, and while the moves don't look hard, it only takes one session to see that looks are deceiving. One of the exercises uses so much muscle activation, it lowers blood glucose by 65-85 points within a few mintues of doing it - that is faster than a shot of insulin! But that is just one of the reasons why t-tapp is so good for diabetics and those with autoimmune diseases.
While the book was great for common form mistakes, it wasn't as helpful with the movement flow. Fortunately there is a t-tapp trainer right in the Pittsburgh area, so my mom & I booked a session with her. It made a huge difference, and we purchased the beginner instructional DVD to follow along with. (For what it is worth, our trainer is in her 40s and has 6 kids - I'd trade bodies with her in an instant! And we have the same "body type"- she is proof of how good t-tapp can be for you!)
In 3 weeks, I'd lost 11.5 inches doing a 15 minute workout daily!! I feel really energized and the results are quick enough that Miss Impatient here knows it's working and thus feels even more committed to the program.
This past weekend we went to a t-tapp workshop that our trainer hosted. It was great to get those important form tweaks and we're going to start going to a class once a month just to stay in our best form. I wish we could go more often, but our trainer's class is close to an hour away, so once a month is the best we can do. We're still t-tapping ourselves about every other night; with the way I'm feeling and the results I am seeing, I'm not planning on stopping anytime soon!
I have to admit too that the compliments I'm getting from so many people are really nice. We've gotten about 10 friends & family to start t-tapping as well. I hope they like it as much as we do! If you'd like more info or have any questions, just let me know! You can also visit the t-tapp website or our trainer's website.
2 comments:
Wow - I might have to look into this. Congratulations Beth! I'm sure you look great. :)
I have heard about this T-Tapp but didn't know too much about it. I'm glad you enjoy it. I might have to look in to it further. You always look great!
Post a Comment