Tonight Cori took a big step (literally) from assisted walking to independence! For a few weeks she has been just barely holding onto our finger walking all around. She was too afraid to let go, even though we suspected she'd be fine if she did. We didn't want to push it and figured she would do it when she was ready.
Dave got home today from his 100 on 100 race in Vermont - just in time! I let go of her hand earlier today and she took a few steps unknowingly. The video below shows her taking a few steps between Dave and his mom. Of course after I put the video camera away, she decided to walk the whole way across the living room! She did that a few times and she is even pushing our hands away now. She is also mostly successful in standing up on her own after she falls. We figure by the end of the week she'll be off to the races.
I'm also wondering if this means Cori will now sleep great since she figured the whole walking thing out, or if she'll be up tonight trying to walk across her crib.
5 comments:
Yay Cori!
Your life will never be the same again! Be prepared to chase Cori everywhere a million times a day. ;)
That is a GREAT video!!! I love how she crouches down when gets almost there!! This is the beginning of the end - next comes climbing on everything and running away from you!
How exciting!! The same thing happened when I tried to get videos of E's first steps. As soon as I put the camera away she walking across the room!
As the other commenters said, your life will never be the same!! It is SO much fun watching E walk and run and explore...but it is unbelievably exhausting!
OMG. I LOVE that video!! Cori did it! She looks SO excited. And soooo adorably cute. I have tears in my eyes. :) I especially love the end when she is checking for sumpthin' in her shorts. Heehee.
Yay Cori!!
What a great video! I cannot believe how tall Cori is getting. She is all legs! Congrats on such a great milestone! :)
Post a Comment