Friday, February 05, 2010

hi!

Greetings from the snowy north hills! The snow is well underway over here and we're pretty much shut in all weekend. We'll be enjoying out last un-crazy weekend in the house until we move. I guess I can't think of a better way to spend it than all cozy inside, looking at our beautiful wooded view all covered in wet clingy snow!

Cori has a bad cold again with a really wet cough and lots of runny nose. The poor thing keeps waking herself up at night by coughing and having trouble breathing. Here she is today playing, and can I just add that while she has her parent's fine hair, I wish mine looked this cute and full!
The short of the long story about the house sale is that we're moving in 2 weeks (on the 20th) and closing on the 26th. After a lot of vague communication from the buyer about what she wanted fixed / the house inspection report / appraisal information, it basically boils down to 2 issues we need to fix. One is a minor thing (gutter leak) and the other is that the chimney needs repointing. We aren't sure why the appraiser picked this item (especially since both home inspectors said nothing about this)- maybe a brick fell and hit him in a prior inspection. But unfortunately it is fairly costly (about $1100) and this isn't the season to be working with mortar. We asked them if we could give them the money in escrow so the repairs could be made later and the mortgage underwriter said no. So we scrambled to find someone to get the work done. Then today we find out that they will let us place the money in escrow. This is a good thing- we don't have to scramble to come up with the cash and deal with the repairs & weather issue while we are here.

It's really weird to think we won't be living here. We've been here almost 6 years, and I still remember the feeling when we saw it and how it just felt like home. We were so excited!!

We placed a lot of hard work into making it our own. I remember scrubbing the living room floor (days after my miscarriage in 2007) when the ceiling fell in and black dust was everywhere! Evidence below....

Here is the upstairs bathroom before
and after
This is where Dave asked me to marry him, and where we first brought Corinne home. Lots of fun gatherings here and so many memories. I guess it is a good thing home is ultimately where the heart is, and we have a lot of good times ahead!
Now where is that packing fairy????

2 comments:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

I'm so glad the escrow thing worked out. That is so much easier on you guys. And I love how you put a picture of the bathroom and then say that's where Dave asked you to marry him. I know you meant the house, but I got a chuckle just the same. My humor is way off! :) I hope to see you soon. I was sad when we moved from our first house.

Anonymous said...

I thought the same... "Did he really ask her to marry him in the bathroom?" heehee :)

Just think about all the new memories you'll be making in your new home.