Wednesday, August 11, 2010

First floor

The framing on the new house started yesterday and when I went by today, the first floor is done! I expect that the second floor will be up in full when I go by on Friday.
The front of the house showing the garage on the far right, 2 windows on the left are for the living room and the two on the right are for the dining room. Entry way door & sidelights are in the middle.
Side view showing the bump out for the stone fire place in the living room.


Here's the back of the house. On the far left is the kitchen window. In the middle is the sliding glass doors to the rear deck, and on the right is the double window in the family room.

I hope the Amish laborers didn't mind me taking their photographs thinking I was stealing their souls! I guess this means I won't be buying them a case of beer on Friday as I'd planned; Dave said to take them lemonade like in "Witness" instead!

No comments: