Thursday, June 02, 2011

Product Review

I've never been shy about using paint - be it paint for my home's walls or paint color for my hair. After all, why be scared.. it's just color! If it doesn't look right, try, try again!

For the past few years I've gone back and forth between brown and blonde (and everything in between) as well as long hair to short hair. (I'm now on a longer hair kick and am attempting to grow mine again, which I am sure will result in chopping it all off again in a year or so.

In the past few years I've trusted my salon to color my hair. It's just easier and I know the results will be good. I have a lot of red undertones in my hair, which I don't like, and the wrong color can easily bring them out. But while I love my salon, I don't love the price. And with baby on the way, I'm trying to find ways to trim the budget.

Enter Nice and Easy Color Foam... thanks to a $3 coupon in the Sunday paper recently, I thought I'd give it a try. The product was really easy to use, though I'd like to share some pointers:
  1. Like wall paint, apply in a well ventilated area! Man this stuff stinks!
  2. It's a good idea to actually do as instructed and use a towel as a cape. One set of PJs is now spotted... whoops!
  3. If you choose to ignore pointer 2, or if you're really messy, have some wet paper towels on hand to wipe up. A hand mirror to see the back of your neck in a stationary mirror is also very helpful, esp if you don't want spotted skin.
Overall I like the product and the price is right. And the results were good, though pictures are for another day!

No comments: