Sunday, August 07, 2011

farm girl

Cori has shown a big interest in horses lately, and she even rode a larger horse a few weekends ago. She's been asking to see some horses again. One of Dave's coworkers boards her horses about 30 minutes north of us on 30 acre farm near Renfrew. She invited us up to visit. And since one of the horses just had a baby, it was a unique opportunity for Cori to see a new colt.

I'm hoping the early exposure will foster a love of horses in Cori just like I have. I love, love, love to ride and care for horses. Part of me wishes we had some, though they are a lot of work. If her interest grows, maybe Cori's interest in horses will keep her away from boys and the mall and such as a teen! I may look into some programs for her, but in the mean time, I know we'll be back up to the farm soon!
Cori and Miss Erin looking at the colt - she is 3 weeks old and it was her first time running out in the pasture
Cori got kisses from the baby horse which she adored!She was super confident and walked the horse on the rope, which she still talks about!
She even rode the horse (both with Miss Erin and by herself, which we didn't get a picture of).
This post shows how humid it was yesterday... the camera lens fogged up quite a bit!

1 comment:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

Awesome! I want to go there too. I may or may not let M come. :) haha