Saturday, August 04, 2012

Welcome August

How is it August already? We've been really busy and though I've been well meaning in trying to keep up with the blog, it just doesn't happen. I'm only able to post tonight as our weekend plans for an out of town fell through; Ben had a high fever due to an infection from a spider bite (I think) on his knee. He is better now but I'm glad we didn't drive far away; you just never know.

I was in Chicago earlier this week, and prior to flying out, got to experience an emergency root canal.  As someone who's had her fair share of dental work, I had some intense pain for a few days. Not even Vicodin helped; turned out the tissue was abscessed (gross) which is why nothing helped.  I am feeling better now though I need a crown (ugh) and at night seem to be clenching my teeth as my jaw is tight.


This week brought us the arrival of my "niece" Hattie Elizabeth Petruska.  This little cutie belongs to one very proud set of parents who waited a very long time for their miracle. I forget how small little babies can be, and boy she tugged at my heart strings immediately!

Today is also the 40th birthday of one of my best friends - Happy Birthday Angie! From your MOH who is still in her 30's... LOL I don't even want to think about you moving away to DC next week. My only salvation is that you'll be just as miserable living in Raven's territory as I will be living without you in Pittsburgh!

Other miscellaneous things...

Ben said his first word with intent which is "kitty" , just like his sister.  And like his sister, it sounds like "gitty".   He does a lot of babbling, and he understands much of what we say, but the expressive language just hasn't been very fast. We're not worried, just saying...

Speaking of kitties, the cats are settled in quite well.  Almost too well cause they have some funny habits. Weirdest of all seems to be that they are obsessed with the bathroom.  Orbit is often just laying on the rugs in there, and Reagen sleeps in the tub and sink. 

 
But if you get up in the middle of the night to use the potty, both cats rush in to sit with you. It is quite weird.   Regan also loves water and drinks from the faucet which makes brushing one's teeth difficult.

We went to Atlanta towards the end of July for my cousin Tracey's baby shower. 

We had a great time, and Cori did great on the plane again.  Tracey looks beautiful and the shower was enjoyed by all. One of the nicest things that happened was that each guest filled out a "card" for the baby and Tracey will bind all the responses.  The "card" allowed the guests to fill in answers to things like:
I hope you love...
I hope you learn to....
I hope that you laugh....
Always remember... 

The responses were mostly very heart felt, but there were also some very funny responses! You wouldn't believe how many people said  "Always remember.... to brush your teeth"!   I wish I'd done this at other baby showers I've been involved with. Tracey picked some to read out loud at random times and the writer won a gift card (since we didn't play games).

Tracey has two very large German Shepards and Cori did pretty well with them under constant supervision.  We're looking forward to going down at Thanksgiving, and I'll be there at the end of September when Katherine hopefully makes her appearance!

No comments: