This is Anna. She's trying on a dress for her first prom a few months ago. Isn't she beautiful?
Testing found that Anna has a condition called Neurofibromatosis Type II (NF2). This basically means that even if the surgery to remove the tumors is 100% successful, more tumors will grow back in Anna's body. "While the tumors associated with NF2 are benign, it’s their location—on or near the brain, the spinal cord, or the nerves, that makes them surgically challenging. A neurosurgeon may conclude that removing a tumor poses more risks to the patient than benefits." The condition of her future quality of life is unclear, and to say that Anna and her family are scared would be a big understatement.
Anna's first surgery is scheduled for this Wednesday. I would ask that you please send her healing prayers / light / good wishes if you have a moment. And if I can ask also that you say a prayer for peace to her family and that the angels be extra close to the doctors and nurses and staff who will care for Anna in the next 10+ weeks.

3 comments:
what a beautiful girl...she will be in my thoughts and prayers.
I cannot imagine ... Prayers for sure.
I will be praying away for Anna, her parents & your entire extended family. I can't imagine what they are going through right now.
Post a Comment