It's almost Christmas! We're just about ready - the tree is up and decorated, all the gifts are purchased, the cards are out, we're in the holiday spirit, and lots of baking has commenced (I'm almost through a 25lb bag of flour from Costco - wow!). Because just about everything was taken care of, karma had to swing through town and bestow her gift to our house... illness!
Dave got a disgusting stomach flu, Ben has the return of an ear infection (other ear's turn) and a nasty cold, and because I'm a lucky girl, I both the horrible stomach flu AND the awful phlegm-y cold. I'm currently laying in bed trying not to cough too hard lest it hurt my sore stomach even more. Somehow, knock on wood, Cori escaped the evil clutches of illness for now. On to happier things....

Last weekend we did our annual trip to Phipps for their winter flower show. I was somewhat dreading it because of the crowds, but everyone else must be running behind this year cause the place wasn't very full at all! The flowers didn't disappoint as usual, and the kids were even on their best behavior.
 |
The last sentence explains why I can't grow orchids.
Growing orchids is a practice in patience. |

  |
| This orchid smelled amazing!!! I had to capture the name of it in case I could ever find it in a nursery. |

I love orchids - can't grow em or keep them alive, but I sure can appreciate them!
We came to the train set up and Ben was in heaven. I'm sure there were angels singing somewhere in his little mind. He was all smiles!
 |
| waving bye-bye to the trains |
We always go to Phipps when it is the Saturday with the Sugar Plum Fairy day - the Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre puts on an hour long free event for the kids. They read the Nutcracker story and the kids get to dance with some ballerinas. Cori was starting to get very tired by this point, but she still had a great time.
 |
| Cori & The Sugar Plum Fairy |
 |
| neat jump shot of the ballerinas |
2 comments:
Oh my goodness, the look on Ben's face! I love it! Cori looked adorable in her ballerina outfit :) I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas.
Beautiful and fun photos ... Hope you are feeling better!
Post a Comment