Thursday, August 31, 2006

Good bye August!


Before we say goodbye to August and summer, we want to wish our niece Karyne a happy 4th birthday today! This picture of Karyne is from last summer when she was just about 3; she's grown so much since then. She's a big sister now! We're looking forward to your birthday party on Sunday.

I know that most of the posts recently have had some kind of mention of fall in them, and it isn't that I am struggling for material to write about. It's more that Dave and I are anxiously awaiting fall - our favorite season. I thought I'd put together a list of things we're looking forward to about fall:
  • Cooler weather and crisp breezes
  • The colors on the trees and short hikes in the woods to view nature's grandest show!
  • The smell of burning wood drifting through the air
  • Picking pumpkins at Trax farms and hayrides
  • Hot apple cider (or caramel apple cider from Starbucks if you are like Dave!)
  • Our 1st wedding anniversary on Oct 7th (Dave is planning a big day of for us but he won't say what he's planning just yet)
  • Football season!! Go Steelers!
  • Speaking of which, I'm looking forward to Pitt kicking some WVU butt this year on 11/16!
  • Pumpkin flavored anything - coffee, ice cream, pies, cheesecake
  • Wearing big soft sweaters and faded jeans - and boots! (for me, not Dave)
  • Perhaps finding out that we'll be parents in 2007 ?!?
  • Starting our monthly couples' dinner get togethers
  • New seasons of TV shows like Lost and Scrubs

Summer was full of great memories and we thank God for all the blessings in our life. So long August!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Beth & Dave!

This blog is such a great idea... you've become a part of my daily routine, haha. I always check for updates just after lunch every day!

I'm totally with you guys about the fall. It IS the best season, especially in Pgh! It's not quite the same out here in NJ/NYC because there are fewer trees and farms... but Mike & I still look forward to it and we always manage to make it out into the country for some pumpkin-picking!

And, of course, you both remain in my prayers. I just know that you'll be fabulous parents one day... and I'll be praying that it's going to become a reality sooner rather than later.

Keep us updated!

Love, Sara Mastandrea