This summer has just flown by! We had Angie_&_Matt's_Wedding , Dave's marathon and then Mark_&_Kacey's_Wedding and our trip to Rhode Island. This weekend we're starting the construction on our basement bathroom. The weeks in between have been marked by both nice quiet times at home as well as family functions and gathering of friends.

This past weekend we watched my niece Kadence (who is 1 year old) for the night. It was an interesting adventure, but luckily Kadence took it easy on us.
We think it was a great opportunity for us to get a preview of what it will be like when we have our own kids, though we're thinking Kaddie-bug's good behavior will have us fooled into thinking it is much easier than it really is!
Speaking of having our own kids... most of you know that we've been trying to add to our family in the past year. It's been a year to be exact. The journey has been filled with learning, frustration, and hope. The good news is that our doctors (both regular OBs and Reproductive Endocrinologists or "REs" as they are known in the infertility world) have said that we are fine. We're trying some new things now - medication and acupuncture for Beth- and that may or may not change things. We're lucky to have such a supportive network; some of our own family know all too well the ups & downs of infertility. And luckily we've learned to ignore the well intentioned "oh, just relax / dont' stress / plan a vacation / look into adoption and you'll get pregnant right away!" comments. (side note - studies show that stress does not cause infertility, though the opposite is true!) We're confident that we'll be parents one day and in the mean time, just appreciate the prayers and love from you. And of course, we'll share news when things change!
Especially with the approaching start of football season, we're looking forward to fall (Big Knob Fair anyone??) in all its glory. Sending our love to everyone!
Dave & Beth
2 comments:
Well, I for one welcome you all to the world of blogging. As a father, I feel it is my duty to critique you future parents. I noticed the picture of Dave feeding your adorable niece, Kadence. Nice form, perfect bend in the elbow, the ubiquitous open-mouth encouragement. Everything is right on; although, I fear your head is a tilted downward a bit too much. Nothing that some extra practice won't correct.
I have to admit to an ounce of apprehension and excitement when you announced that you were trying a few "new things" in your attempt to conceive. However, my anticipation abated once it appeared you were only talking about medical things.
Best of luck and keep on blogging
Hello,your neice Kadence looks really cute. Dave looks like he's getting some good practice. I know you and Dave will make great parents. They're are so many thing the doctors can do for infertility nowadays. I watch those things on tv. I wish you both the best of luck. I hope everything works out. Oh by the way, the three of us will be going to the good old Big Knob Fair the evening Jon will be off of work. Maybe we will see you around. Love, Kaley
Post a Comment