Friday, October 20, 2006

Project Bathroom: 2006

God bless my husband who spent the majority of his vacation week working on constructing our basement bathroom. And God bless my father in law, who is patiently guiding my husband in the bathroom construction.

I came home Tuesday to 2 of the 4 walls framed. We finished the third wall that night. Wednesday I found myself driving a little faster than ususal (which is ususally fast as it is!) to get home and see what else had been done. The fourth wall was added and some electrical lines run as well as preparing to run the plumbing. Who knows what I may find when I go home today! But it feels so good to finally have this project underway since we'd been talking about it for so long.

We had to pick out some wall lights and a mirror the other night and figure out what is going where. It's hard becuase we don't have a lot of room above the sink, nor a lot of ceiling height which eliminates putting in a light in the ceiling. I'm trying to think of what color we'll do the bathroom when the drywall is put up. I find myself going to Lowes on my lunch hours to check out tile and faucets and shower heads. If I could totally max out a credit card, it would be at Lowes. Or Ann Taylor or PotteryBarn, but that won't get me far with bathroom remodeling!

Oh - before I forget, please send any extra prayers / vibes to Dave for his interview on Tuesday next week. This is for a supervisor position in his office, which he really deserves! We'll be sure to let everyone know how it goes, but that won't be until about Thanksgiving, knowing how slow the government moves!

No comments: