a whole lot to say. So what compelled me to finally write today? Well, I came home from work and went downstairs to see my father in law. It's Wednesday and he typically works on the bathroom on Wednesdays. We have walls! And the shower is in! Hurray!
Here are a few pics of the progress. It was hard to tell what the room would like like with just the studding up; now with walls, you really get a sense of what it is going to look like. And Zoe seems already intrigued with the shower...Some other things that have been going on:
- Dave's back was really hurting. X-rays showed that he had arthritis, which at the tender age of only 37, really got him down. The doctor recommended an anti-inflammatory and physical therapy. Sunday he woke up in such pain that he couldn't really function most of the day. Well, he went to PT on Monday they showed that Dave's hips were wayyyy out of alignment. Apparently his left leg is about 3/4 an inch shorter than his right leg, and it was pushing his hips out of position, irritating his back. While it's normal for one leg to be shorter than the other, most of us only have 1/4" difference. So they recommended a lift for his shoes - especially for running, but most likely for every day wear. Just thinking of how he was pounding on his legs and hips with the marathon and training.... wow. It's amazing that the pain didn't show up sooner! So now my dear husband no longer feels like a 37 yr old trapped in the body of a 77 yr old...
- No word yet on Dave's promotion. His boss did tell him that he made the final 3 - excellent news, and I'm quite proud of him! 45 people applied for this position. Hopefully we'll know something by Thanksgiving.
- Speaking of which - only 14 days until the 2006 New Sewickley Bar Tour!! Considering that I'm not expecting (as in something more than getting tipsy that night), I can drink yet again this year, but not too much as designated driver for my car. I just hope it doesn't snow this year - last year was crazy with the snow!
- Actually, I should be able to drink throughout the entire holiday season. We're taking a little break from trying to conceive until January. It was hard for me at first - it felt like taking a step backwards instead of a rest. And as you know, I just like to go and go and go. But I know that my body is up for some tough times ahead, so I figure I am going to drink my Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes and my merlot while I can. Just enjoy the holidays and hit it hard in January.
- I've decided to take up knitting, or at least to try. A few friends have volunteered to teach me this weekend and next. I'm looking for a creative outlet and since I can't afford a piano or violin to pick that back up, I'm branching out to try something new. I hear that knitting also develops patience. Interesting....
- Have you seen this web site? www.theburghblog.com is awesome! Her commentary on Pittsburgh is really funny! I now read it daily.
Well, that's about it. Hope everyone is doing great!
1 comment:
Oh so much to say...
1) It's not just his left leg that's a bit shorter than normal!
2) Good idea to take a holiday break. I can think of no better time to allow yourself to enjoy the finer things in life. The holidays are a bad time to be preggo, I hear.
3) I really, really don't want to make a comment about "hitting it hard in January". I'll just leave it at that!
Post a Comment