Just a small note to thank everyone for their prayers, cards, flowers, and love they've been sending our way. The procedure on Friday went fine and I'm recovering fine physically. Emotionally / mentally, each day is getting better.
I did get confirmation that the twins died very recently in comparison to the ultrasound. One twin measured 8 weeks exactly, and the other twin measured 8 weeks / 5 days. This put the last twin's death at Easter Sunday. I had my ultrasound the next day... It helps to know somehow that they didn't die together, and thus, maybe not for the same reasons. My doctor said that while miscarriage is higher with multiples, often if one passes away for one reason, the body kind of goes into a shutdown mode to prepare for miscarriage, and this can adversely affect the remaining twin. I am hoping this is our case, and we don't have some kind of genetic issues at hand.
It will be some time before we try again - physically I need to heal, and emotionally, we just aren't ready for this again. Maybe 2008 will be a better year to expand our family. Thanks again for all your love~
No comments:
Post a Comment