I've been absent in updating the blog. A lot has happened and it's been a very hectic month. Work has been super busy with the Oracle project I am involved in. Half the month I've been in Raleigh, and the other half, while here, I've been working late a lot. Deadlines and a lot of catching up while I've been out of town....Last weekend we watched my niece Kadance for the night which was awesome. She is such an angel, and it makes me long for kids to run around the house here. We took her to a local small carnival and she rode the merry go round with Uncle Dave. We had a blast with her.

I just returned from spending a few days with Angie and Josh - he is already changing and so different! I stayed at their place to help out as much as I could - cooking, laundry, playing with the kids, holding Josh so Angie could shower... Dave's been used to holding down the fort on his own, so he graciously let me take a few vacation days to be with the new mom and baby.
And speaking of baby, I was thrilled to learn that on June 14th, Jen delivered a healthy baby GIRL (much to my surprise as I would have bet my life it was a boy in there!) Carli Janet was 7 lbs 6 ozs and 21.5 inches long (but don't quote me on that as I was so shocked to hear it was a girl that everything else kind of blurred together!) I didn't get the chance to meet Carli in person as I was in Raleigh, but I can't wait to meet her very soon!!! Carli and Jen are in my thoughts daily and it's really hard for me to keep away and not see them, but I'm trying to give mom some space to adjust to life with Carli.
Um, what else. Oh! We painted the dining room and it looks great! It's not 100% done as we still have to install the window bench and a new light in the ceiling, as well as refinish the hard wood floors. But we're getting there.This weekend we're going to Philadelphia to help Mark & Kacey move. It looks to be a nice weekend coming up. Hope everyone is well - I can't tell from the lack of comments. Please say hello - I miss everyone!
4 comments:
Hey Beth! I'm still checking in regularly, of course. I'm happy to hear you're doing well. I hadn't heard back on our latest emails so I thought you must be pretty busy. Hopefully things won't be so busy with work through the rest of the summer. I just got through a busy time with work myself and I'm totally looking forward to some shorter hours and a little relaxation. Hopefully that will start for me this weekend - with a massage!
I'm so glad that you got to spend time with Angie and little Josh. The must be so exciting and special for you... and hopefully a great break for Angie. Is her husband back to work yet?
Your niece is adorable! It looks like you guys had a blast. :)
So happy to see an update! I'll speak to you soon!
Love, Sara
wow--i'm tired just hearing how busy you are. zowie. we're looking forward to seeing you soon, whenever you have time to take care of *you* some time--remember that that's as important as all of this taking care of everyone else you're doing!
xoxox
lisa
I keep a check on your blog to see what's new. You have been uber-busy! Enjoy your trip and time with friends. Thanks for 'stopping by' to check on us at our blog earlier today. We really appreciate your kind words and good wishes. Take care of yourself!!!
I'm glad to hear you're still out there. ;) When do you get to rest?
Post a Comment