Sunday, October 14, 2007

Baltimore Marathon

My husband has always been a winner to me, and this weekend he toughed it out for marathon #2. The weather was perfect and cool for running, and the participants were ready for the challenge. I'm happy to say that everyone survived without being too worse for the wear!


Dave was making **great** time (his half-marathon was under 2 hrs) and he was right on track to achieve his goal of finishing in under 4 hrs. Unfortunately, a severe pinched nerve kicked in around mile 17 and he had to walk for a few miles. This set him back and for the next 4 miles, he wasn't sure if he'd be able to finish at all. But he was able to start running again around mile 21 and completed the marathon in 4 hours 41 minutes.


It is really amazing to see these runners going the course - some were juggling, some skipping rope, some were running for a cause and in memory of a loved one, and some were just running to achieve a personal goal. They were all amazing, and I don't know if I could ever train, or push myself, for something so tough. (Pregnancy is tough enough for now!)

I wanted to post some pictures:
Dave at mile 7



Dave at mile 13

Dave heading towards the finish line


Club marathon



We had a great time with the family in Baltimore, though I am happy to be home since I'm not feeling 100%. Plus, I am just a home-body at heart! Next weekend we're off to Providence to see Mark & Kacey and Dave's step-siblings. Looking forward to that as well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Beth,

I'm glad you had a good weekend. From the pics it looks like the weather was really nice as well. You must be so proud of Dave. Tell him I say congrats on finishing another marathon. Thats so impressive, I can't imagine doing it!

And hopefully by now you're in a better mood than last week. If not, just remember that it will pass and try to focus on all the good in your life.... like that little one growing inside of you and your sweet hubby. :)