Sunday, October 07, 2007

Happy Anniversary

2 years - time just flies by! 2 wonderful years, and many more to come! We celebrated by being ourselves today. Well, on Friday Dave sent me some beautiful flowers. I've been enjoying them all weekend (and so has Zoe, who has an affinity for chewing on fresh flowers).


But this morning Dave and I exchanged gifts (boudoir shots for him, which he loved, and a wonderful spa package for me, which I can't wait to use!). We went to breakfast at his favorite place (Pamela's in Shadyside). And then I told Dave we were going somewhere special to watch the game. It was kind of obvious when we were on the north side and I paid $20 for parking. I gave him a gift bag and he opened it to find personalized Steeler jerseys with "Sprague" on the back and 07 (our wedding date). He loved them!

So we put on the jerseys and I told Dave we were going to the Jerome Bettis restaurant to watch the game. We walked over towards the stadium through the crowd (wow was it hot outside!) and talked about getting on the waiting list for season tickets one day. But as we approached the restaurant, Dave noticed we were walking past it. And then I told him we were actually going to the game. He was pretty excited!!

And what a game it was! The first shut-out at Heinz field ever; I credit our Sprague jerseys! The game was awesome and we even saw Steely McBeam. Dave refused to get his picture taken, so I volunteered. (One day when this horrible mascot is gone, I can tell our kids how I had my picture taken with him.)


We went to dinner for sushi / hibachi and then came home and ate some pumpkin pie. Mmmmm! A great day filled with things we love!


Happy Anniversary tomorrow to my friends Jessica & Robert, and coming up soon to Michelle & Hank, Suzie & Greg and Tobi and her husband (whose name escapes me - sorry!) Tomorrow is our first ultrasound, and then a trip to Trax farms to pick pumpkins with my niece & nephew.

4 comments:

mome22boys said...

Happy Anniversary honey! Let me know how everything goes! You are in my thoughts :) MWA! XOXOXOX

LisaBe said...

congrats! sounds like a fabulous time.

(and i'm pretty sure that tobi's husband's name is sola.) :)

xox
me

Anonymous said...

Beth,
Sounds like you had a great one and thanks for the shout out! I want to hear about your day and the u/s, but you sounded short/busy in your email today, so write when you can!

Much love-
Jessica

Suzi said...

Thanks for the Congrats Beth!! Sounds like you guys had a great anniversary.

xo
Suzi