Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Here's Peanut!!!

Yesterday's ultrasound went very well - much to our relief and excitement. Peanut's heartbeat was 175 beats per minute, and s/he is measuring at 23mm, about the size of a kidney bean. The difference between the week 6 and week 9 ultrasound was just amazing to see! You could see 2 arms and 2 legs, as well as the umbilical cord attached to the baby and myself. And you could see the blood moving through the umbilical cord as well which was just wild!!

I could've stared at Peanut all day. S/he was moving about, and you could see the spine, and part of the hip bone that was forming. In the above picture, the "A" indicates an arm and the "L" indicates a leg - they aren't fully formed yet - they are just buds. But how cool?!?!
The nurse said that Peanut was "quite the chubber"! as s/he is measuring a few days ahead of schedule. But things really look great for where I'm at (9 weeks). Oh, and in case you're wondering, we won't be finding out Peanut's gender until s/he is born....

Yesterday also marked my graduation from my fertility specialist, which was bittersweet. I've really grown to love these ladies who care and nurture me so well. They never made me feel like a number, and they always were encouraging to us. I will now see my regular OB once a month; my next appointment is next Monday.

I still need to post pictures and stories from my CA trip last week. I'll get around to that I promise!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Baby Sprague is such a cutie already!

LisaBe said...

how COOL!! i'm not sure i've ever even seen an ultrasound of a baby before. yay!

so, if you're at nine weeks now, that means you're due right around memorial day, right? cool!

Joe.Karen said...

Yay for your beautiful little peanut. I will continue to keep all of you in my prayers. I love you!

Suzi said...

Yay for Baby Sprague!