Hi - my name is Beth. I'm 6 weeks pregnant and cranky as all get out! That's how I know am pregnant.... I'm really really cranky. So I apologize in advance if I'm short or curt or snappy with you, because I'm seriously hormonal. Sometimes I feel like I am crawling out of my skin and just need to be by myself. (Not to mention work has me completely stressed out and I'm still slightly worried about progressing in this pregnancy.)
On Monday we had our ultrasound. Things are measuring very well. One baby, who is currently about 3mm long right now. That' s like half a grain of rice. But we were treated to seeing the baby's heartbeat, which was totally unexpected. The heartbeat was this flickering of light - too small to measure in beats per minute, but totally there. Honestly, to me, the moment was more surreal than exciting.
Which leads me to comment on the word excitement.... I think that's a fairly strong word to use and a little too strong for how I am feeling. Happy? Yes! Relived? Definitely! I honestly don't think I am going to exhale until I'm out of my 1st trimester. I honestly intend to enjoy this pregnancy as much as I can, and to think positive, but there is still that part of me that is still keeping my guard up just in case I'm hurt again somehow. I think that's somewhat normal and to be expected.
This weekend we're going to Baltimore as Dave is running in the marathon on Saturday. Wish him luck, just not to "break a leg"!
4 comments:
three millimeters?? that's unbelievable! how do they get all the parts in there? so cool, you and your little bun in the oven :)
Wonderful news. Wishing you all the best!
Fantastic news, Beth! I'm so happy for you. Hey, be as hormonal and cranky as you want! This is the chance you have to do it with a good excuse! Congrats on seeing the heartbeat, too!
How are the shots going??
You know that we'll love you, cranky or not :-)
Post a Comment