Friday, October 05, 2007

Light the Night

Last night was the 9th Annual Light the Night walk for Leukemia & Lymphoma - it was my first year walking. I walked as part of a team of ladies (and some husbands and children) I know from online. We walked in memory of Joe Lin - my friend Karen's husband. Karen and Joe's parents showed up as well, and it was very nice. We did GREAT with our fundraising goal and exceeded the $1000 goal we set. (total values aren't available yet). When we watched the fireworks at the end, all I could think about was what a view Joe had from heaven....

Our Team A great skyline view

In Memory of Joe
As we walked: And no event in Pittsburgh is complete without fireworks!Just a small pregnancy update - I'm feeling okay, just a little tired. Our first ultrasound is on Monday and I'll feel much better after I get confirmation that everything is okay!
Our second wedding anniversary is on Sunday (can you believe it's been 2 years??) and I have something planned for Dave, but it is a surprise.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

It was really great to see/meet everyone! Grant says 'thanks for being so nice to me everyone!'.

LisaBe said...

it looks like y'all had a great time. i'm so sorry i missed it! i haven't seen tobi in *ages* or met her baby, and karen looks happily surrounded by her friends :)

congrats on baby making and on the anniversary!

Anonymous said...

B - It is so wonderful of you to support your friend in that way. You are always so giving of your heart and time.

Joe.Karen said...

hi honey. i love you for all of your support. you are so awesome. it was such a treat to see you too! HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!