Monday, July 21, 2008

Fascination


Cori's newest fascination is her bouncer seat - she will stare at the musical fish for up to an hour! It seems to be the only "toy" that holds her interest for longer than 5 minutes. Maybe I can get some things done with her in this contraption! Maybe you're thinking that I should be getting things done while she naps on her belly, having figured that out. Well - our kid is so smart, she is on to us! While the first day we got 2 hours from her, the time has been decreasing daily. We're now down to about 5 minutes. Sigh.... back to the drawing board!

Her 2 month check up is this Thursday and I can't wait to see how much she weights. I am betting around 14 pounds - at least that is what my back is telling me!

Not much else has been going on. Dave and I had a date night on Friday night and we were some of the millions of people who went to see the new movie "The Dark Knight". I was honestly surprised at how good the movie was! It's more Dave's cup of tea than mine, but I really enjoyed the story line, the social implications it brought up, and truly, Heath Ledger's performance was outstanding. People aren't just speaking well of the dead.


We also got to see a lot of Dave's family this past week and they got to meet Cori. We always enjoy spending time with family!

4 comments:

SIS Student Services said...

That Cori is a smart one. Heehee. She knows how to get the attention, huh? Well, at least there is the fishie for now.

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

Glad you and Dave got out -- that's awesome! Cori is so smart. hee hee. Have you tried or considered a sleep positioner? I know they really work well for some people, although there seems to be some controversy about using them...? Not sure. Anyway, you'll figure it out. You will. I'm looking forward to hearing Cori's stats. Good luck with the shots. :)

Valerie said...

I think she's trying to catch up to my peanut. She's 13 pounds at 3 months! Think Cori will surpass her? ;)

April said...

Have you tried the aquarium crib soother since Cori likes the fish in her bouncer?

We have it and Evelyn just started liking it. I was hoping it would help her fall asleep, which it doesn't...at least not yet But it does keep her entertained in her crib at times.