Over the holidays a recent pet peeve of mine occurred a few times. I'm not the most patient person though I think that I can suck it up and deal when needed. But man! I hate it when you do your utmost to keep to an appointment time and the other party doesn't. Tardiness is a big no-no in my book - didn't these people learn that in kindergarten like I did? And extreme tardiness - for shame!
Two visits to the pediatrician (one sick child and one follow up for vaccines) and one doctor visit for me happened over the holidays. ALL three times I / we were seen at least 1 hr late. You know, I know doctors have important jobs, but is my time any less valuable than theirs?? Cause that is what you are saying when you take me late. That your time is sacred and it's okay if you are late, but it's not okay if I am. I'm charged a fee or could miss my appointment entirely. My time revolves around you. (Which I already know based on how far in advance I have to book a darn appointment!)
I show up on time, even 5-10 minutes early to fill out paperwork. I wouldn't want to delay another appointment. I'm nice like that. I plan ahead prior to the appointment to figure out how much time I need to get there so I leave at the correct time and am not late. And what's my reward??? I get to sit in the waiting room extra. Goody.
When I was pregnant and had to see doctors sometimes bi-weekly, but on average 2-3 times a month, I learned to schedule my appointments for the morning. I was less apt to be affected by doctors running over timeslots. Often times I would ask for the very first slot when they opened. And sadly many times the doctor was still late. Inside I'd think You'd better had had car trouble and not been in line at Starbucks....
To make matters worse, I've been waiting since Monday for a return call from my doctor. And not just some little question, but for biopsy results. So you can imagine the anxiety as I literally wait for the phone to ring. I called again and was assured I'd get a call back. Guess what.... yeah, I'm not holding my breath.
This is one of those few times I wish I would get picked for the random customer service survey. Though I doubt my complaints would do any good. I get faster service at the deli! Though I am grateful that the clerk isn't using that meat slicer for my biopsy. (Please note that I am in no way comparing a doctor to a deli clerk.)
6 comments:
Oh Beth! You deserve better than that. Can you try and look for new drs? Not every dr's office is like that!
We never wait more than 5-10 minutes at the pediatrician's office. And I always schedule late afternoon appointments so that's the worst time of the day.
My own dr can run late and I had that happen a few times while pregnant but it was because of emergency appointments. But she never refuses to see you if you are late.
I'm sorry!!! I hope you get a call about your test results (and that it's good news)
We're on our third pediatrician office in less than 2 years with time being one reason we left other practices. No complaints about our new doctors (they're very accommodating and run on schedule - essential when you're dragging two kids with you).
One good thing about seeing our practice in Magee itself is when the doctors were late, you knew that it was because they were downstairs at a delivery/c-section and the staff was honest about it.
I know we go to the same OB/GYN office, so I can complain with you. I once sat in the exam room for 45 mins waiting for the doctor. It wouldnt have been SO bad, but the heat was turned up to 80 degrees and I was 37 weeks pregnant and completely naked from the waist down. LOL I felt bad for hubby because I was so irritated.
My PCP is ALWAYS late. If you're not waiting at least an hour, thats good. I even had a first morning appointment once and he was 45 mins late.
I hate that. Tardiness is a huge peeve of mine as well.
I hope everything is alright with your biopsy results.
Ugh, I know it's so frustrating! fortunately, our pedi office is great about keeping appointments on time...my PCP, not so much.
I hope you get your test results soon & that everything is ok.
Biopsy?! Am I behind? Are you OK? Good luck, Beth. That is frustrating. I have left practices (two OB/GYN and one vet) for that reason. I hope we can get together soon!
Post a Comment