Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sleeping Beauty

Cori's been fighting her virus all week. Her fever isn't as high as it was on Sunday night, but she still gets them which means her little body is still fighting. Her nose has been extra snotty and she still has that "smokers cough" which scares me at times. Most of all, she's been sleeping up a storm - which is so weird since the girl isn't usually much of a napper. We're talking 2 hr naps, multiple times a day. Plus going to bed at 6PM and waking up past 7 AM.

On Wednesday's doctor's appointment she was measured for her 9 month stats. Our sleeping beauty is 19lbs 4 oz and 28 inches long. Both of those stats place her smack in the middle of the distribution - 50th percentile. What made us laugh is that her head circumference is so large that puts her in the 97th percentile! We figure she just has a large brain. Dave says that the weight of her head is what is making it hard for her to crawl - a lot of noggin to lift!

Finally, I got news this week that I have to take off a week in March unpaid. Our company is doing major cost reductions. Earlier this year they laid off thousands world-wide. Apparently it wasn't enough. Now all employees must take 1 week off unpaid, and senior management must take off 2 weeks. They are also stopping matching contributions to our 401K. Blah. I know that things could be much worse - I'm luckily still employed at all. But it doesn't take the sting out of our tightly controlled budget. I'll be making the best of it by doing lots of spring cleaning, working out at the gym, and catching up on my reading!

3 comments:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

Wow. Times are tough.
How funny about Cori's head being what's keeping her from crawling. hahaha. She's such a little cutiepie. My word verification is pophop. That makes me laugh too.

Anonymous said...

Aw. Cori is getting so big. :) I hope she's feeling better soon.

BTW, I know we go to the same pedi, have you seen Dr Mary at all? OK saw her for her 2 month and she was holding her and OK looked HUGE in her arms. lol *if you havent seen Dr Mary, shes extremely petite.*

Anonymous said...

EEEK. Sorry to hear about your unexpected and unpaid vacation. Ouch.

Hope Cori's feeling better. She's such a cutie and I enjoy reading all about her.