Tuesday, April 21, 2009

the week in pictures

It's been a very busy week since the last post. Dave turned 40 and my brother got married. And I found out that my work is again laying off people and I'm being told that I have to take 3 additional weeks unpaid leave, one per quarter for the rest of the year. With the 4 weeks unpaid this year and my 3 weeks vacation time, I've never had so much time off! Too bad I can't get paid for half of it. At least my job is safe (for now - nothing should be taken for granted).

Dave came home on his birthday to a house full of balloons, streamers and beer! So far he seems to be handling 40 without much a breakdown - mentally or physically!
Over last weekend my brother got married in a semi-private ceremony with a full reception of family & friends. A good time was had by all! Congratulations to David and Kelly!
This weekend's weather looks to be amazing - sunny and upper 70s Friday through Sunday. My intuition must have kicked in as I'd requested Friday off a few weeks ago. I look forward to lots of yard work, long walks in North Park and a big dinner at Mad Mex!

2 comments:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

I'm glad your job is safe for now. And although it's not an ideal situation, just think of how much STUFF you can get done in those weeks. Heck, you can watch Pog, and *I* will use those weeks to get stuff done. :) Happy Birthday Dave!

Ben and Cori Momma said...

Ha Ha - I worked by tail off during the 1st week off, so I vowed to relax at least one full week this summer. But that means we can get together with the kids!