Saturday, May 23, 2009

1 year old

It was 52 weeks ago today that my water broke, I had a short labor and great epidural, and then our beautiful girl was born at 10:02 AM on May 24th 2008. Tomorrow our little baby turns one and I can honestly say this has been the best year of my life.

Part of the time it feels like the year flew by -Cori being this tiny little baby seems like a life time ago. Pumping feeling like it happened eons ago (I can really say I don't miss that). The baby that hated "tummy time" now spends a ton of time on her belly either crawling or pumping her arms & legs in excitement.

Yet some aspects of the year I can recall quite easily, like the first 3 months spent sleeping nights in the living room chair holding Cori. Recalling the anguish and fear of 3 days spent in Children's Hospital the first week still makes me shiver. The post-partum depression, various "first" milestones, and sleep frustrations are colored yarns of joy and anxiety that began the weave of our parenthood blanket.

Tomorrow we're having a huge party to celebrate - we survived the first year and so did Corinne! Some how even without an instruction manual, we all made it realively unscathed. We owe a multitude of gratitude to family and friends who gave us advise, help, and lots of support. THANK YOU!

Happy 1st Birthday Corinne Elise - we love you so much!!

6 comments:

Suzi said...

Happy 1st Birthday Cori! & way to go mom and dad!!!

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

Happy Birthday Cori!!!! Congratulations Beth and Dave. :)

Emmy said...

Happy 1st birthday, Cori!! (and congrats to you Beth, for surviving the first year!) can't wait to see pics of the party.

jpournaras said...

What a beautiful post! Happy Birthday Cori!! I can't wait to see pictures of the big bash!

Sara M said...

Happy bday to your little sweetie!

dana said...

Happy First Birthday Cori.