Saturday, January 23, 2010

checking in

It's been a really crazy week here, but in good ways! On Monday I was offered a job I had applied for prior. It's still with my same company, just in a different group. I'm really excited because this group is going to be going places quickly! They are already getting a lot of press internally and externally of our big company. The group I am joining is our Energy Management group - they go into schools and warehouses and other work places and do energy audits and advise how to become more energy efficient, more green. Green is good! I'll still be doing the same kind of work (project coordination and management) but focused on one group. Thus I'm also hoping that it means I get to deal with less crap than I do now! ha ha But it is a great promotion with a little salary increase which never hurts!

So work has been swamped, and we also had the buyer's inspection this week. We also got word that someone else really, really wanted to tour our house and make a back-up offer. Apparently this couple loved what they saw online and just wanted to confirm it in person. We could only use their offer if something fell through with the first buyer's offer (she couldn't get a mortgage, she had unreasonable demands after the inspection, etc).

We've also spent some time trying to wrap our head around the huge task looming before us - moving. "dread" isn't a strong enough word to say how I feel about packing up our house and moving everything. It isn't like we can just throw things into a box and deal with it at the new house... staying with my mom for the rest of the year means we have to sort out what needs to go to storage, what has to go with us, what needs to just be tossed out... ugh! And we already have a bunch of stuff in storage - that all needs moved to the larger storage unit.

We've been enjoying the great non-winter weather lately, and we can't believe that January is almost over with!

No comments: