Sunday, January 24, 2010

Cuteness

Lots of updates about the house lately, but not much about our little bird. Cori is in a really cute stage, when she isn't in the midst of a tantrum. Her language has really exploded with lots of new words; I haven't been keeping a list but we think she's doing great! I swear she has the sweetest little voice when you hear her say "apple" or "ball" or "poopy"(don't ask). She isn't stringing 2 words together yet, like to say "more milk" though she can say both words individually. I'm hoping we're rounding the bend in the infamous 18-24 month developmental spurt, though I know it's a big bend.

She loves to play in her inflatable ball pit and tip it back and forth. She screams in joy and laughs quite a bit. Surprisingly she doesn't seem too shy around people. She knows quite a bit of answers to what sounds animals make, and she loves loves loves to sing and dance still. Art is also quite a favorite past time. One of the funniest things she does is mimic what we would say when someone would burp - "burp, piggy!" and then "excuse me".... so when someone burps, she erupts into a fit of giggles and then says "burp, pippy! excuse me".

Some small disappointments are that our little bird has had a cold for over a week now and her nose is still not getting any less snottier. And I realized that I've not taken a picture of Cori in a few weeks, not since the big snow storm we had. I'm vowing to get back on that as it won't be too much longer that we're in this house, and chances are that Cori is never going to remember being here... weird!

No comments: