I hope we can say goodbye to snow with February on its way out. I'm really over snow!
Today we also officially say "goodbye" to our house; closing is at 3:30 this afternoon. It's bitter sweet for sure. It's really weird to not be there anymore. And while we're focused on the prize at the end (our new house is going to be so awesome) it's 40 weeks until we get there.
And we're having some trouble adjusting. I think we're all getting used to being in mom's house (Mom included!) but Cori seems to be having some trouble sleeping through the night and sometimes getting to sleep. I'm not sure if it's the adjustment or a developmental stage she is in right now. And she and I both are on week #3 of a cold, so that doesn't help. It's certainly trying my patience though.
The most difficult adjustment for me seems to be the commute to & from work - 60 miles round trip and about an hour there and 75 minutes home. (Expect for today; this morning's snow gave me a nice 90 minute commute. Grrrr). The traffic coming home is terrible, and I'm not able to decompress when I get home as Cori wants my full attention. And of course there is dinner time too.
Cori hasn't been doing all that great in the car for me either; I take her every morning now (some mornings she comes all the way to work with me to go with grandparents). Other mornings she gets dropped off at daycare half way. But the afternoons in traffic just plain suck. If anyone has any suggesitons for how to make the car more "fun" for her, I'm open to hearing them! She isn't really big into music (she prefers dancing over singing) and a while back, Dave nixed the idea of a DVD player.
Wish we had more exciting news to post, but I just wanted to give a quick update. The move went fine (aside from getting the U-Haul stuck in ice at the storage facility for 30 mins) and we're just still adjusting. This weekend we have to move storage items from the old facility to the new one. Of course the only time a truck was available was 7AM to 11 AM. Ugh. And Sunday we have church volunteer obliagations. Once that is all done, along with closing, I feel like I can exhale and start to relax a bit. I'm really ready to put February behind us and move on to spring and March!
PS - A big THANK YOU again to our friends and family who came through and helped us move! You are the best and we love you!
3 comments:
The new house IS gonna be awesome and worth all of this 'trouble', B. Hang in there. Your friends are here for you if you need anything.
xoxo
I was thinking about you and your closing. I am sorry I have been so out of touch. The house WILL be totally worth these months of stress and long commutes. Maybe it's time to revisit the DVD idea. Meg does well. We just have a bin with some of her favorite toys in it, and that works for us. (so far)
I know the DVD player really was a lifesaver for long trips, but when we're just going on daily trips, I bring a couple of books for her to flip through.
I did see today at Target they have a Doodle Pad (the magnetic one) that is for the car and has a soft pad on the bottom.. I see she likes to draw, so maybe that could be an option?
I hope things cool down a bit once this month is over.
Post a Comment