We've been doing okay over here. It's so nice to be able to be excited about the new house and count down the days until we break ground! (About 143 days). Dave got to spend a nice weekend away in Philadelphia last weekend; he hung out with his dad and brother at the WVU / Villanova basketball game for Mark's birthday. It goes without saying that having 2 nights of solid sleep isn't anything to complain about either!
I've been doing okay. The commute still stinks but it's manageable. The new job is okay too. I'm supposed to be traveling somewhere west next month for a few days of meetings. Not sure where or when yet, which is a great test to my ever-planning self. I'm hoping it's LA or Denver so I can stay a few days longer and visit friends. I am worried that my ocular rosacesa is back though as my eye is burning, dry, and ultra sensitive to light. It's usually brought on by stress (at least with me) which I find ironic, as I've been more relaxed since closing on the old house. In "fun" news, I got about 6 inches of hair cut off (more in the back) and am loving it! Excuse the bad cell phone pic - I seriously cannot take good photos of myself with my Blackberry.
Cori has been going through a wonderful language explosion. She is talking in 2-3 word sentences and has a few new words daily. I'm just shocked by the words she knows and often find myself thinking "when did she learn that word?!". I guess I forget that she is learning in daycare too. This morning she shocked us by counting up to 10 along with us. It was only a few weeks ago she knew up to 4 and would then stay silent. Time sure flies.Her latest obsessions are planes (odd huh!), Elmo, and trains. It's also funny to hear her say one of her favorite books - Dr. Seuss's "Hop on Pop" . It comes out like "hup up up". She is really into books these days and is getting more into self-playing. We're still dealing with some middle of the night wakings; not sure if they are associated with the move, the developmental transitions / language explosion, teething, or all 3. Here are some photos taken this past Sunday at the Children's Museum with my cell phone; Cori loves the water area as you can see.



1 comment:
Your hair looks AWESOME!! Cori is so sweet. Let's do lunch again soon.
Post a Comment