Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Blessing

On Saturday a very dear friend of our sister-in-law passed away. Marc was not even 40, and has 3 small children and a loving wife. He beat stage IV colon cancer and was in remission, but succumb to liver failure. Dave and I lifted a few glasses in toast to him Saturday evening, and we remembered what a great guy he was. But I know our loss isn't anywhere near our sister-in-law's or Marc's family. If you have a moment, please say a prayer for Marc's loved ones.

At my brother & sister-in-law's wedding, he gave one of the funniest, loving toasts I've ever heard to date.

I saw an poignant saying the next day:

Write your hurts in the sand
Write your blessings in stone
We remember you Marc, and know what a blessing you were. Your name is written in stone for sure.

2 comments:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

Marc sounds like a great guy. I love that saying and should repeat it to myself more often.

Ben and Cori Momma said...

Thanks Sara - he was a great man!