Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cori update

Cori seems to be going through some sort of developmental phase because she is really clingy and cranky as of late. Right now I'm listening to her scream "MOMMY" at the top of her lungs going on 5+ minutes while Dave tries to put her to bed. We take turns each night and she is not happy right now. She is also over-tired from not sleeping well last night nor napping long today.

I think part of it is that she had her "trial run" at the new daycare on Tuesday. "School" we call it for her. They were really welcoming to her and even had a sign up on her room saying "Welcome Corinne" which I thought was adorable. I could go into details, but suffice to say she did really well they said. I initially hung out for 45 mins and watched her play; parting was tough but I think more so on me. It's amazing how that "mommy guilt" kicks in!
I was a bit worried because they do not allow binkys in the room - germs, confusion, etc. I figured she'd do well except for napping as she always seems to need it to sleep. But they said she laid right down on her cot like the other kids and went to sleep and napped well. When I picked her up later she was playing dress up with some of the other girls much to my chagrin. Things seemed fine until sleep time she she got clingy. And then she didn't sleep well. I guess it is a lot for her to process? She doesn't go back until Jan 3rd so maybe some time will help.

In her happier moments, one of the things she likes to do recently is to play ball in the foyer. This consists of one or more parents sitting on the floor (it HAS to be sitting of there are tears and tantrums) and Cori bounces the balls to us. Back and forth, back and forth. This can last up wards of an hour! I was able to capture some pictures last night.

In a totally random note, for you "Twilight" fans out there, I swear Cori looks like Rosalie (played by Nikki Reed ) in this shot! Or at least what she would look like as a kid. The pale face, the long blond hair, the red-rimmed eyes.... it kind of freaks me out!

No comments: