Saturday, January 08, 2011

Dusting off the keyboard

Happy new year! I'm managed to muster enough energy to dust off the keyboard and make an entry. My intentions have been plentiful but it's been really hectic round these parts. And in the quiet moments, I have chosen to rest instead of keep things up to date. (And who needs clean floors or laundry either?!)
Cause for exhaustion....I think everyone who reads this now knows that we're expecting an addition to our family this July. As you can see below, Cori is excited too!
We "came out" at Christmas as only our parents and siblings and a few friends had known. At this point I'm 11 weeks and while feeling fine physically, I seriously have no energy. Zero. Zip. Nada. We're cautiously excited at this point - when I was released from my specialist, the last ultrasound (at 7 weeks) showed a strong heart beat and baby growing on track, but the gestational sac that surrounds the baby was measuring behind more than they'd like to see / was normal. Nothing can be done so it's a wait and see game. I have an ultrasound on Tuesday for my 1st trimester genetic screening and we're hoping everything is "normal" then.

I owe posts and lots of pictures on Christmas (which was wonderful!) and our trip to Atlanta over Thanksgiving (wonderful too!). And Cori started her new daycare which I'd like to write about. I'm hoping I'll get to it this weekend. But that may be a stretch; right now I'm staring down the Christmas decorations that are throughout our dining room. The house may be de-Christmased, but it's all still waiting to be put away. I swear if I had the time, the first thing I'd do with my genetics degree is figure out how to clone myself and it would be like Multiplicity around here! But right now, I think I am going to nap with Cori.

1 comment:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

Naps are way better than being otherwise productive! :) Seriously. Take care of yourself and your growing baby -- the clutter will wait.