Last week I officially entered my second trimester - whoot whoot! And while they say that I should start feeling more energy and less effects of things, that has yet to happen. If anything, I've entered a new phase where everything I eat has a horrible effect on my stomach. It's like I ate 3 dozen atomic hot wings, without the joy of eating the hot wings. I wish it was just heartburn, but it's more like stomach and whole body distress. Not cool at all.
We have our big ultrasound set for March 1st and hopefully baby 2.0 will cooperate. We do plan to reveal the baby's gender this time (assuming s/he cooperates), and then we can finally start thinking about names. Well, I've been doing plenty of thinking - Dave thus far has just been doing plenty of vetoing! We have some girl names we agree upon, but boys names are much, much harder. But until we know the gender for sure, Dave won't talk about names, he'll just veto everything I send his way.
Otherwise things are good here - not much else new. Same story, different day - rinse and repeat. We are anticipating some out of town guests in February which will be a nice change, and of course we are looking forward to the superbowl!! Otherwise, bring on spring!
3 comments:
If it brings you any comfort, pretty much all of my first tri blahs went away around week 15...so hopefully you'll turn the corner soon!
YEAHHHHHH!!! Congratulations!! :)
Aw, I was hoping you'd be feeling a bit better by now -- soon, I hope! :) We had girl names pretty quickly on with both the kids, but boy names were tough for us too. We had a list of about 5. Connor was about an hour old before he had a name. I had to look at him, hold him and take off his hat / swaddling. Baby will have a perfect name in the end.
Post a Comment