Friday, February 04, 2011

Mama mojo running high

I'm really starting to get into the whole Mom thing of doing some crafts and baking with Cori. Last night we made Steeler cupcakes for her to take into school today.
Steeler cupcakes are devils food batter for the black, yellow icing for the gold and of course chocolate sprinkles. Cori had a blast making the cupcakes; she loves to add the ingredients and to mix everything. She also likes to lick the spatula and bowl (some things are genetic and cannot be avoided I guess).


She also had to be the official taste tester and really got into that job:

Next week is her school Valentine's Day party. I really enjoyed putting together treat bags for her friends and valentines to hand out. But they asked that each child bring in a box or bag to collect their valentines. This is what I crafted. What do you think? I'm hoping she can use it for a few years, but even if she just uses it the once, I felt all mommy proud to be able to make it for her!

1 comment:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

Great job on the cupcakes and mailbox!!! Very sweet. You make my toilet paper roll crafts look awful. :)