Wednesday, September 07, 2011

What we've been up to...

It's been a while - time passes by so quickly! How is it September already? Fall is right around the bend!

Ben is 2 months old and doing really well. He is so alert and just watches things (esp his big sister) and is smiling more and more. This past week he started going longer sleep periods at night. It's nothing constant - for the most part the boy still wakes every 3 hrs to eat - but we've had some 4 & 5 hr stretches thrown in the mix. He's still very laid back and has been sleeping in his crib in his room for a few weeks now.
We took Ben on his first big car ride this past weekend when we went to Connecticut to visit Dave's step-sisters and family. It's normally an 8 hr drive straight; considering we had to stop to feed Ben often, we made great time on the way up. He did great (Cori too) and we really had a wonderful visit. We spent most of the time visiting family and allowing Cori to play with her cousins and the family to fawn over Ben. Cori also made a big fuss over the dog! Next time we plan to stay much longer than a long weekend and go into NYC and up to Boston with the kids and enjoy the sights.

Cori continues to do well for the most part. I think that the things we struggle with are things that are normal struggles for this age - exerting her independence, limit controls, occasional not so strong listening skills. Our biggest struggle continues to be sleep. For me, the worst part is simply that one night it's bad, then another it is totally fine. I'll think that we're "in the clear" and then BOOM! - setback. But that is a topic for another post....

With only 3 weeks of maternity leave left, I sometimes laugh at the things I thought I'd be able to do having 12 weeks off at home. Time just goes so fast each day in taking care of Ben and catching an occasional cat nap. Now I laugh that I thought I'd be able to do things like paint when there are days (like today) when I wasn't even able to shower! But in the end, it's just nice to be home with my little man and remember how blessed we are.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I always love all your photos, but I especially love this last one.

Sara said...

I agree with Sara. That last photo is just awesome -- frame worthy! It's too bad the Steelers couldn't have a better season opener for Ben's initiation. They owe him.