This post is late as our little Buddy turned 1 on Sunday July 8th. But things have been hectic as usual with just the usual stuff + additional fun things. Ben had a great first birthday surrounded by most of his family and friends. He only napped briefly in the morning (and by briefly, I mean 20 whole minutes) which made for a very tired little boy later on.
It is so hard to believe a year has passed since Ben came into our lives. He is such a happy boy all the time!! He isn't walking yet, but he is FAST with his crawl and climbing up things. He loves to stand and cruise along things. His one year well visit declared him "perfect" ; he weights 22.5 lbs and is 30 inches tall. (Cori was also 30 inches tall and was 22 lbs 11 ozs so both kids are pretty much the same.) Ben has 6 teeth - 4 on top and 2 on bottom. That is 6 more than Cori had at her 1 year birthday! LOL
![]()
Allow me to toot my own horn for a moment. I recently decided that I am going to start jogging. Now that I've been working out for 6 months, I feel like I have the stamina to make it work. I'm happy to say that I'm down 6% body fat and have lost 13 pounds of fat. I've also gained 10 pounds of muscle! So while the scale hasn't changed a whole lot, I feel like my entire body is different, especially up top. I can no longer wear XL tops and a lot of the L tops fall down too low. I am down 2 dress sizes which is nice too. My core is a lot stronger, and I'm able to do 25 push ups!!
Otherwise things are well. Today Cori and my mom and I are flying to Atlanta for the weekend to attend cousin Tracey's baby shower. We're looking forward to a fun girls weekend away!
1 comment:
Aw, Ben is so sweet.
You should be sooooooo proud of yourself and this commitment you have made. You look great. Keep up the awesome work!
Post a Comment