
It's pure irony that my last post was about the song "Slumber My Darling" because that is something that Ben has NOT been doing as of late. I think it's the age because I seem to recall Cori going through something similar at the same age. It's a lengthy struggle to put Ben to sleep; he fights it and can't seem to get comfortable when we hold and rock him. But we can't just leave him in the crib to sort it out on his own. The one big difference between Cori and Ben is that in 18 months, we've never had to do "sleep training" with Ben yet. I think we had 4 times by this age with Cori. And now I think we're at the stage where we will have to with Ben.

Then there is the middle of the night waking. Like clockwork around 2 AM, Ben wakes up and is up for a while. The crying only comes if we ignore him or try to put him back into his crib. But otherwise, he is just wide awake. Sometimes he wants to play and laughs (it's like he KNOWS he is cute so he can get away with mocking us). And he only falls back asleep on his own terms - when he wants to and gets tired enough. The other night it was 5 AM... yes, 3 hrs later.
Like I said, good thing he is cute. Here he is with his favorite food - yogurt. Which he also knows is a great moisturizer... it's always all over his face!
No comments:
Post a Comment