Yesterday I had my review; it went well, but the big news is that my boss asked me to work from our HQ building out in Moon Township. I can't really say no since I'd like to keep my job, and financially, I need to keep my job.
This is Cherrington, our electrical division HQ. I used to work here for 6 years from 1999-2005. There are some pluses to this move, aside from the change that a new place brings.
- There is a cafeteria which serves only healthy options, and it has a full salad bar. The meals are discounted too.
- There is a free small gym and locker facility with showers. The gym equipment is older (it's the same now as it was in 1999!) but the treadmills are decent if I am so inclined.
- There are sidewalks & walking group so I can walk during lunch hour when the weather is warmer.
- The 30 minutes extra driving time will allow me time to decompress on the way home.
If it sounds like I'm trying to pump myself up, I am. I am really going to miss where I work now. Some not so good things are:
- Longer commute means more time away from the kids and waking up even earlier to keep my 7-4 schedule
- I have to wear dress clothes; no more jeans to work. I now have to spend money on dress shoes and clothes
- Bigger office. 600 people as opposed to the 75 max people (more like 35) that I'd see daily. They are friends, not coworkers.
- Gas money, gas money, and more gas money
- No more random (& frequent) working from home. It was good while it lasted. =(
- No more running errands during lunch hour. I like to stay away from the Robinson Township cluster traffic. (I may make an exception for DSW!)

1 comment:
Wow! That is a big move! I am sure everything will work out just fine, but there will definitely be an adjustment period. I'll miss you working from home too. :) Let me know if you need a shopping buddy for the new work clothes.
Post a Comment