Just saying hello and posting some pictures so I don't get too far behind. Things have been super crazy around here; working in Moon Township has been taking its toll. Physically I know Dave and I both feel even more exhausted. Mentally, I'm totally drained from working so hard on so many projects. Time just flies at work. This week I took on another project at work and went out to assist on a job site for the week. Check out my cool new work clothes; I get to count light bulbs and fixtures and note wattage and ballast type and such for a lighting energy audit for UPMC.
It wasn't been all work and no play. This past weekend Dave and I had a date night - the first in months. We went to BRGR and had some delicious food before going to see Silver Linings Playbook which was good, but personally I think some other movies are more deserving of the Oscar for best movie this year.
| Appetizer of grilled cheese bites with a thick tomato dipping sauce. Mmmm! |
| burger with homemade chips and "crack" dip - named appropriately as it is highly addictive! |
| an awful shot of me - arm "claiming" Dave and his "ghostly white" hand - but we are thrilled to be out! |
Unfortunately, before our date, the washer drained out all over our hard wood floor. The drainage hose had come out of the wall. We cursed a lot, put the hose back in, cleaned up the floor and headed up. The next morning I went to wash the towels used to mop up the floor; the damned hose came out again and flooded the floor a second time. And "flood" isn't an exaggeration. The water went through the wall and dripped into living room, peeling a lot of plaster & paint off the wall. Fortunately our basement isn't finished so the wall of water the poured down through there just went onto the cement floor and didn't ruin any ceiling or carpeting.
The hose is now duct-taped into the wall drain- stylish AND functional.
This was one of Ben's valentines (from his cousin Ben at daycare) and I just thought it was so adorable! I wish I could be this creative!
I was finally able to get my hair cut 2 weeks late; unfortunately I had to get it cut at 7 PM which means I came home and went to bed and didn't even get to have "one good hair day'" from it. With short hair, I have the worst bed head in the mornings!
1 comment:
OMG! I am so sorry about the drain hose. What a royal pain in the butt!!! I am looking forward to seeing you.
Post a Comment