Waiting - or at least, waiting patiently- is not something I do well. I've always had the notion of not wanting to waste my precious time on earth, and I've had a tendency to be impatient. But now I realize there's a big difference between being patient and being complacent. Being patient means allowing the proper growth and timing for something to happen. Complacency, on the other hand, is plain powerlessness, waiting for life to happen to you. I can see that the most difficult part of infertility was facing the unknown without being able to take action. Now I look at uncertain times as opportunities to think about what's possible, and what I can do next.
I started to think about what I'd do differently if I didn't have infertility as my constant companion. Maybe I'd finally start to plan our trip to Alaska. Maybe I'd try sky diving like I've always wanted to try. And maybe I'd take a clue from Dave's Aunt Ruth and just go get that tattoo or belly ring, Buddha belly and all (me, not Ruth!). Call it an attitude shift. Call it a bell that went off. Whatever you call it, I thought about really making an effort to not be complacent. And then I went to CafePress and bought myself a tee to remind myself of just that.The good news is that the vacant supervisor job at Dave's work that we've been waiting to be posted, finally posted. So Dave will be applying - please send your positive thoughts his way! He certainly deserves this promotion and works hard. We'll keep you posted!
3 comments:
well, i'm thinking all kinds of positive thoughts for you (love the tee!). you and dave will make great parents whenever you become parents :) sometimes the worthwhile things in life just take time to get here, i guess. he or she (or they!) will be worth it!
I'm positively thinking positive thoughts so that good and positive things happen to you two.
You know you are in my prayers nightly...!!
Jessica
Post a Comment