
I remembered how I went to Sunnyledge with Angie and Molly the night before and we all slept in the big bed there. But I couldn't sleep, so I woke Angie up at 5 AM and we decided to have a pillow fight with Molly. It was so wonderful to giggle and anticipate the biggest day of my life with my friends!
We then went back to our house and had breakfast with my mom and all my bridesmaids, then gathered up everything (which was a lot!!!) and headed back to Sunnyledge to start to get ready. Honestly, this is one of my favorite moments of the day. Being with my four best friends and my mom before the wedding was relaxing and fun and just plain pampering. We had our hair done, our make up done, and a nice leisurely lunch before getting dressed. We took a ton of pictures and the anticipation was just building and building and I just was so excited to see Dave very soon!Seeing Dave prior to the ceremony was one of the best decisions of the day.
I instantly felt less nervous and we could share in the happy anticipation of being married in a few hours. I had told our photographer that I wanted him to capture the moment Dave saw me for the first time. So I stood on the stairs and waited for Dave to round the corner to see his bride... and wow did he look handsome! Though the professional photographer captured the moment, the best picture was from my bridesmaid Heather. I think it just shows the emotion better.And let me take this moment to say that we had the absolute best looking wedding party I've ever seen. Everyone looked so glamorous and ready for a good time! After we finished pictures and arrived at Heinz Chapel, I started to get nervous again. I could hear the organ music and see the chapel being set up and it started to get very real for me. Not having Dave there, I got a bit on edge. Thank God for my bridesmaids and mom - they kept me sane and as calm as can be. And while I forced them to scrub the mud out of my dress hem, they took it all in stride and seemed to understand that the nerves were just getting to me and that I wasn't a bride on the brink of sanity....
Preparing to walk down the aisle, the music just gave me chills. I was so happy my dad was there next to me to give me away. I just felt so emotional from the organ music and my nerves and the excitement / anticipation of what was about to be! When those doors flew open and I heard the trumpets sound, I felt like a princess! I was so shocked that I didn't cry down the aisle (coming from someone who cries at certain commercials), but all I could think of was getting to Dave at the end of the aisle.The ceremony went off fine and had some great moments that we remember - primarily the homily where Pastor Brian (Dave's cousin) talked about us having sex that evening! Yelling "bouquet!!" to my maid of honor, laughing at the ring exchange, hearing our family do our readings and sing the Ave Maria. But we both recall looking out into the chapel and seeing so many people that we love there to witness the beginning of our marriage. Words can't do justice to how it felt in our hearts.

Our reception flew by! It was short to begin with (only 4 hours) but we didn't want to keep guests up very late since we were already having an evening ceremony. Mark and Angela's toasts were heartfelt and humorous and set the bar high for their own
ceremonies the following year. We got to see just about everyone at the reception, and even snuck in a few dances together. We really did enjoy ourselves! If only receptions weren't so darn expensive, we'd have a party like that once a year! The night was amazing overall and we have the video to prove it! (the reception people! Not the wedding night at Sunnyledge!!) It was the perfect start to a fantastic year together.
Before finishing, I just want to wrap up my thoughts with saying what an amazingly wonderful man I married. Dave is so loving and patient to me always. And sometimes we just laugh and laugh over the silliest things, but I think it is just another way that our hearts are in sync. This past year has brought us some struggles as well as joys, but through it all, I've never been afraid because I have my better half next to me always. I can only hope to love him and support him as well as he's done for me. I know the future will be wonderful for us, and I thank God daily for our shared blessings.
Tomorrow we're spending our first anniversary going to 7-Springs to hike and go horse-back riding. Some wine, a nice lunch, and just enjoying the fall leaves with my amazing husband will make for the perfect day. And he has some thing up his sleeve for a fancy dinner, but he won't tell me where. I'll have to report back!
Finally, I have a few friends whose first anniversary is this weekend or next weekend. I wanted to wish Jessica & Robert, Suzi & Greg, and Michelle & Hank a very happy 1st wedding anniversary! Can you believe what a year it's been!?!
XO
Beth
5 comments:
Happy 1 year anniveresary! I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful daughter and son-in law!
I remember this time last year, and looking at your wedding pictures still brings back the joy and excitement of that day.
Beth and Dave, you two were truly made for each other. May your life together be full of love and adventure always. One down, one million more to go!
Much Love,
Mom
Bethie, I am crying right now!! You always choose just the perfect things to say, and yes, we are lucky to have found duch great, caring, PATIENT men, as they are to have found us!!
Here's to many years (forever) of happiness ahead. If us 4 have made it through this past year, we can make it through forvever! Have a great day- you deserve it, Beth. Much love to you both & can't wait to see you next weekend!
Love-Jessica
Happy Anniversary, Beth and Dave! Your story was great and full of emotion. It sounds like you have a wonderful day planned with your husband. Enjoy yourselves, enjoy each other and have fun..... definitely report back about your dinner!!
Happy anniversary, happy anniversary. Happy anniversary...HAP-PY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!
Happy anniversary Beth and Dave. You are such beautiful people inside and out. I know that you'll have a wonderful time celebrating this first anniversary, and you'll be celebrating many many more anniversaries! Lots of love and hugs to you. :)
Just wanted to join the chorus of Congratulations!!! We were talking about you guys and the wedding. It is amazing that it has gone by so quickly. Well, best wishes to another eventful, emotional, and wonderful year together.
Post a Comment