Thursday, January 25, 2007

Winter Hibernation

I've been slacking. No other way to put it. I've really gotten into the winter hibernation mode of just coming home from work and curling up on the couch in front of the TV. And I've gotten good at it too! So much so that Dave has been in the same mode for a few weeks as well. Very exciting times in our household these days - ha ha!


Actually I just got back from a wonderful 4 day trip out to Denver. I cashed in my frequent flyer miles and went to stay with a very dear friend of mine from college. I hadn't seen Jennifer since our wedding >15 months ago, so we were overdue for some girl time. We hung out, cooked, shopped, had coffee and chatted, got pedicures and just over all relaxed. It was really wonderful! And the snow out there is just crazy!! I never get tired of looking at those Rocky Mountains!!


What else is new... hmmm.... Dave didn't shave for a few weeks upon my request and the results are shown in the picture. I love how it looks on him, but it is very prickly to the touch! Kissing makes me flinch, which has led Dave to shave it off this morning. It was nice while it lasted, but at least now I can curl up again my husband and not be in pain!


Some other random updates:


  • Dave is heading out of town this weekend to make soupie in Ohio (who knew soupie came from Ohio?!) and I just plan to relax a bit.

  • Saturday night is our monthly dinner club, so I'll go to that and hang out with the friends.

  • Superbowl weekend we're traveling to Baltimore to visit some family.

  • I kicked caffeine and artificial sweeteners! And I've only had 1 glass of wine since new year's eve, so I've pretty much kicked alcohol too. Hopefully this will do well with my body.

  • The baby blanket is a little more than half way done and I'm pleased with it for the most part. I'm a little too perfectionist, but I keep reminding myself it is not bad for a beginner!

  • Angie found out that they are expecting a little boy this summer! Joshua Mathew is growing just as he should be and Angie is feeling well. Go team blue!!

  • Jen also had her ultrasound but opted to not find out the baby's gender. I can't wait to see pictures this weekend.

  • Kristin found out that their little one is also a boy! ((For the record, I called it when I found out they were pregnant!!) Everyone is doing well - the best news of all!

Hope you are all staying warm and dry.


Love to all~

1 comment:

Joe.Karen said...

hey there bethieb! just wanted to let you know that we're thinking about you and praying for you. smooches and hugs!!!!

love,
karen

p.s. i learned how to knit too! and i plan to attempt that baby blanket one day...just not with the recommended yarn. :)