Monday, August 20, 2007

Ready to take a chance again...


That Barry Manilow song is stuck in my head, but probably for good reason. I'm ready to take a chance again. While I enjoyed a really relaxing weekend, one of the things I did was to take all of the baby items out of the back of the closet. I placed them into the armoire that we'd purchased for the babies. I'm ready, and I'm not only thinking positive for this cycle, I'm feeling positive.



I also started up again with my yoga. There are specific poses that enhance blood flow and fertility, and interestingly enough, they are some of the most relaxing for me. But what always strikes me as most amazing is that Zoe (my cat) seems to love to rub up against my legs or lay right underneath me when I do my poses. I've read that animals can sense the positive energy and qui flow that comes from doing yoga, and this is why they are drawn to you when doing these poses.


So I'm doing all I can to put myself in a good place physically, emotionally and spiritually. Tomorrow I start up with my acupuncture and first shot of Lupron. The lupron places my ovaries into further suppression / rest. It ensures that I won't ovulate on my own which would "ruin" the IVF cycle. This is accomplished by basically placing my body into menopause. And yes, that means I get all the fun side effects - hot flashes, moodiness, sleeplessness, etc. Sounds like fun huh? Wish me luck!

2 comments:

LisaBe said...

wow, that *does* sound like fun! :)
but the yoga sounds good, and i'm glad that zoe is sensing all your positivity. i'm thinking good things for you. i should really block that prayer shawl for you and get it to you soon--maybe it will help, too! :)

Anonymous said...

My Love and Prayers are with you Baby Girl. You have so many souls pulling for you, from both sides! :)
Love Momma