It was a crazy busy weekend, and there is a lot going on this week. Unfortunately, this post won't have any personal pictures because our digital camera kicked the bucket. Time to buy a new one I guess! The other was from 4 years ago when I gave it to Dave for Christmas. I have my eye on this one, and thanks to a work bonus, I may convince Dave to have us purchase it!Last Saturday I went to a great children's clothes store (I just can't stay away!) at the Galleria Janie & Jack Then I went to a friend's daughter's first birthday party to assist setting up, and I got to stay and enjoy the festivities as well. This little girl is just darling cute (if you need proof, check out a recent photo shoot she did...) I also got to see a bunch of my "internet friends" and their children which was a treat.
I don't say much about this internet community I am part of, but it all started in 2004 when I found the Knot and we were all planning our weddings. Sometimes I am amazed to think that I've known some of these ladies for close to 4 years. I am so very grateful to have made friends with them. I have always considered myself lucky to have a small group of close-knit friends instead of a lot of various acquaintances - quality over quantity, you know? But knowing these ladies has exposed me to so many new experiences and ideas. They've been part of my support system with the ups & downs of trying to get pregnant for 2 years. They've provided me with cooking ideas, parenting information, laughter, deep thoughts, silly pictures, knitting, new restaurants, and reassurance that I'm normal (for the most part). I was really reflective of this on Saturday night when I got home (exhausted!!) after seeing some of them. You all know who you are, and please know that I am forever grateful to know you all!
Sappiness aside (pregnancy hormones allow me to change subjects easily so I don't cry, which I'm apt to do these days) - Sunday was busy too with car inspections, church, lunch at Aladdin's (mmmmm) shopping at Becoming Mommy in Squirrel Hill, then hitting the mall for more shopping at baby Gap, Banana Republic for Dave, and Aveda & Motherhood Maternity for me. Oh, and then we went food shopping. So leaving at 9:15 AM and not returning home until 6:45 PM left me really exhausted. And my feet hurt. I don't think I've recovered since (foot wise!)
I've been feeling well aside from tired easily and my feet hurting a lot. Sadly I had to buy some new shoes yesterday in a full size larger to accommodate my spreading Fred Flintstone feet. I wonder if they'll shrink after giving birth?? Well, at that point it'll be summer and I can be in sandals, which isn't really an option now.
Our bathroom is coming along great - we had a set back last week when a pipe burst from the cold weather. The plumber came over last night to fix it and put the mixer on the bath tub. So now we can finish dry-walling the last wall and my father-in-law can start tiling the bathroom floor. That means putting the toilet in (hurray! no more 2 AM trips to the cold basement to appease my bladder....). We painted the one wall the final color ("crocodile tears") and Dave hung the medicine cabinet, and it really looks great! I am hoping to have it all done by the end of this month. We're getting the new carpet upstairs on the 28th, so we have to clear out the staging area (also known as the nursery) prior to that.
Lots going on this week too with Dave's brother & sister in law in town and various things we need to do this week. I thought the 3rd trimester meant slowing down?! Oh wait, that is just ME, not the rest of the world!
2 comments:
we love you, too, you big softie :)
You are a baby-shopping maniac! If only I had known, I would have tagged along to Janie and Jack myself. Love ya right back!
Post a Comment