Today our little Peanut is 3 months old, and she isn't so little anymore! According to our home scale, our big girl weights about 15.5 lbs! We are so blessed to have such a pleasant baby - unless she is fighting her naps, she is usually cooing and smiling and laughing. She loves to look right into your eyes and talk up a storm!
Yesterday we took her for her first pictures at the mall. The P!cture People were really great at getting her to smile and such. We're really happy with the way the pictures turned out; if only they were less expensive, but I guess we'll be saying that about a lot of things over the years. Welcome to parenthood huh?
Pictures are posted here, but are copyrighted. So no matter how cute they are, please don't use them as your screensaver or to promote the next big baby item - ha ha
This past week of daycare was really well. Cori seems to be adjusting well and even has a bit of a schedule down there. She has made a liar out of me and has no issues sleeping without being held; she will nap in the pack and play for about an hour in the morning and 2 hrs in the afternoon. And she naps right when I bring her home; I think the stimulation really tuckers her out!
But alas, daycare and home seem to be two different worlds as she won't nap as well for us here at home. It will no doubt take some time and more adjusting, and probably a stronger dose of tough love. We're just not ready for that yet.
The details of my return to work aren't really that noteworthy; I've been busy and it helps keep my mind off missing Corinne. I do have to admit that I am enjoying being able to shower daily (and in the morning to boot!) and having an uninterrupted cup of coffee. I hope that doesn't make me sound like I'm a terrible mother that I am not sobbing daily. I just think that I am comfortable early on with leaving her with Donna. The test run last week helped, as well as previously pretty much grilling my friend who takes her 2 sons there. In any case, it's all good!
7 comments:
The pictures are great! Glad to hear that things are going well with daycare!
Those pictures are adorable! I think Cori looks a lot like Daddy.
Such cute pics! I'm happy for you all that daycare is going well! Kitty in the bassinet is cute too!
So cute Beth! Where is the time going?!?! I can't believe our little girls are 3 months old already!!
I'm so glad Cori's been doing well at daycare and sleeping without being held. Evelyn has not made a liar out of me and will not sleep in her crib! Maybe someday...
I love Cori's pictures!
I am so happy you are doing well back at work. It's so important to be able to find a place you feel comfortable leaving your baby. I had a few rough days transitioning back (the first time) but I felt very strongly I had made a good choice in daycares so it was made that much easier.
I'm never very good at being able to see which parent a child most resembles, but I can finally say she looks so much like her daddy. Love the pictures. Glad the return to work is going well too!
The pictures are fantastic. Cori is such a doll. There is no way anyone could ever think you are not a good mother. You deserve to shower daily and have an uninterrupted coffee. :) I'm glad Cori is doing well at daycare. You'll get the sleeping at home issue straightened out with time. It's all temporary.
Post a Comment