Recently we took Cori up to Kraynak's Christmas Greenhouse. It's a nice hour drive from our place, past Mercer & Sharron PA. Dave used to go all the time as a kid, and we've gone each year to check out their Christmas trees and displays. We've always wanted to take our little one there, so Cori became part of the pilgrimage this year. Parents of youngsters, I think your wee ones would love it! Best part, it's indoors and it is free!
They even have an upside down Christmas tree!
My second favorite ornament is this one from the very first year Dave and I were together in 2003. It makes me laugh because over the next few years, each year someone would give us a "our first Christmas together" ornament. It's somewhat of a running joke that we have 3 "our first Christmas together" ornaments on our tree. I think one was from when we truly spent our first holiday together, the next from when we were engaged and together, and the third from being married for our first Christmas together. We could've tried for a fourth one but ran out of events! But this one is the true one - self portrait on Christmas morning in front of a tree we decorated ourselves in Dave's old apartment.
Finally, here's our tree from this year. We're all set - the cookies have been baked, the gifts wrapped, and the music playing...we're ready! Are you?
3 comments:
I just took some pictures too. I honestly love all my ornaments, but the WA ones are special. What awesome family memories you are creating.
I will have to show this to Mark. I love your Grandma's ornament. It reminds me of my favorite part of my hometown. There's a place I've always wanted to stop - I think Wendeall August may be it. Would we pass it or a billboard for it on 80? A cool idea about ornaments - my mom saved my mobile and turned them into ornaments - of course back then they were wood but I have Humpty and Mother Goose, etc
Now I want to go to Kraynak's! That place looks amazing.
Such a sweet picture of Cori and Daddy.
Post a Comment